Thursday, June 14, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover Reveal

Before we get started, I am warning you now this is going to be a very photo intensive post. Here is your opportunity to click away. If you choose to continue don't say I didn't warn you.

We finally did it, we completed the mater bedroom major makeover... well as complete as its going to get this time around anyways. Of course, there are still things I would like to do, like add crown molding and maybe a reading nook, but this will have to do for now...


But before I go any further we must look at a few before's...





As I said before in my many, many, many posts about this makeover, it is not a bad room. But the dark colors and dark furniture made it feel... well... dark, and cluster phobic. Now the room feels open, airy, and fresh.



I am definitely not a gold/ yellow type gal but I got this bedding from Pottery Barn a year or two ago and I loved it. It was not typically my style but I thought it looked adult and fresh... and who doesn't love toile? So I used the bedding as inspiration for the room which lead me to creams, whites, and rich golds. I love the hint of blue. No more lattes and espressos for my {well on the bedroom walls anyways}.


This is actually my first "completed" room. Right now the twins room is a disaster area because of my renovation plans, Addison is out growing hers now and is ready for some changes, and the rest of the house is in a constant state of chaos, and lets not even mention my hoarder station garage. My room, however, is my cozy retreat.




I love that I love my room now. Before I never wanted to go into my room let alone STAY in it for moments at a time. Now I cannot wait for bedtime and am welcoming the next bout of the flu {juuust kidding}. All I want to do is lounge on my cozy bed linens....


stare at my pretty prints from Paris...


gaze at my pretty dress form girlfriend...


and read my books...


Another awesome thing about the makeover is that since I have done this I have actually been keeping my room somewhat clean!












This room makeover has been a lot of work between terrible paint choices and nightmare pieces of furniture, but we are finally finished and it was well worth it. Every woman and every married couple should have their own space that defines them and gives them some peace. I started this project in January- hello! I said JANUARY people and I am finally done 5 months later {and yes, I had to go back and check because it has been that long}. I think this was the longest makeover in blogger history. Do I get an award for that??

46 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very pretty!

-Kelsey Coghill said...

It does look so nice a light and airy! Love the cottage feel.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

well worth the wait, and the pictures. :) It turned out beautiful!

Tonya said...

Oh, this is really nice! I love the colors and how bright and cheerful this is. I'm JUST starting my bedroom...it was on the dark side, too. I'm so ready for cheerfulness and a place I want to be! :) You should link this up to Kelly's Korner. She's doing bedrooms this week. :)

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

So beautiful, and really is a cozy retreat. I can completely identify with having that space you've just completed be the only "sane" place in the house! You did a great job!!

Donna K said...

What a difference! I've always loved darker colors, until now! Thanks for sharing this with us, RaSonda! Can't wait to see it in person. I can see why you like hanging out in this beautiful space...

Love Of Quilts said...

Love the cottage feel.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous, light filled room! I'll take sunshine yellow any day, but mixed with the fresh whites and a little bit of gold is scrumptious! I love the roses on the lampshade and the piece hung above the door!
What's next on the agenda??

Designed by Dawn Nicole said...

This is simply stunning!! I want to redo our whole style and this is the "cottage chic" kind of feel I really want to go for!! Beautiful job.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a delightful room! I love the shutters behind your night stands. Everything looks so pretty. Enjoy! Megan

Unknown said...

I love that toile and yellow bedding! What a peaceful and lovely room!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome!! Following you from Tatertots and Jello. Would love for you to follow back:)

Eclectically Vintage said...

I am giving you an award - you deserve it after 5 long months! Love your vintage touches - the shutter, old window and dress form!
Kelly

Cocalores said...

This is really nice! I love the colors and the bedding. The curtains are a dream!

Jordann@JHouseTawk said...

Your room is gorgeous!! I love it.. Are those Door mats repainted that are hung on your wall? .. I've seen people do that and think it's really cool! .. Stopping by from Liz marie blog . :)

Karen said...

Lovely room, looks very cozy, love the yellow and blue
check out my new headboard
http://karenfongruiz.blogspot.com/2012/06/our-handmade-headboard.html

Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

XO, Aimee

erinstwo said...

Very pretty!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

LOVE how you lightened everything up! I am about to lighten my master bedroom as well! It looks fantastic. I know that you are enjoying this great space!

Darby Hawley said...

I am so impressed! This room is beautiful!
Stopping by from the It's Overflowing Party :-)

Brittany Stewart said...

This is amazing! I LOVE the white lamp with burlap lampshade! You did an amazing job! Hopping over from Meet me Monday- and your newest follower :)

-Brittany
http://buttonsbirdsandbs.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Good for you for doing your room first. My bedroom is lacking inspiration right now, but looking at room makes me really what to get on it and do somethings fabulous! GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous room! You did a fabulous job.

Kelli @ Living Sweetly said...

Oh, I love it! It's so light and airy! You did a great job! :)

I found you from You're talking too much's linky party!!

aimee {sixteen fourteen} said...

This looks beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration...my master bedroom is on the top of my long list of unfinished projects, and yours is so pretty. :-)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful makeover, Rasonda! Literally like night and day going from that dark color to the light.

Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage said...

This is beautiful! I love your colors and your style. Great job!!! Oh, and I'm partying with you at the Meet Me Monday linky party!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Beautiful! So light, airy and inviting! I especially love your yellow/gold coverlet.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Like your bedroom makeover! It looks so light and airy! I think I have them same curtains, did you buy them at PB?

Ange said...

Beautiful! Love the bedding, the soft colors and the best part is, that you love it! Always makes me happy when people make the master bedroom a retreat and place that they love!

Katherines Corner said...

beautiful and cozy too. Hopping over from Anita's Cowgirl Up, I'm a happy follower of your sweet blog.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your newly decorated room is light, upscale and so very fresh! I love the soft colors you chose and the way you layered them! Your attention to detail makes this bedroom over-the-top! Congratulations on your wonderful new space!!!!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Your master bedroom is so pretty now. I love the light colours you used, the white blinds on the window, and the yellow toile on the bed. I'm in the middle of doing our master bedroom so I can totally identify with how much time and energy it takes.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful how your bedroom suits you perfectly now ... a bedroom should be a cozy and comfy space that expresses the owners. And its also great that your bedroom can serve as an respite / retreat as you work your way through your home. Congrats on your first completed room.

Robin
happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

chateau chic said...

Your bedroom is beautiful, a lovely sanctuary. All your changes are perfect!
Mary Alice

All Things Chic 2 said...

HI just found you love your room and your hobnail lamp is "BEAUTIFUL"...
Your newest follower...
Visit me as well...
Blessings Lori ~

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Beautiful! I love the sunburst mirror! You must be so happy and smile every time you walk in. :)

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

I love the transformation ... everything looks so lovely!
Your newest follower, Francine

Crafty Mischief said...

Wow! Your room is lovely! I love the colors you chose.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Glad you stuck with it and got it just how you wanted it... it's gorgeous! I'm putting your bedroom in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up...

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

Beautiful! Love the yellow and aqua! Thanks so much for linking up! feel free to share the giveaway with your readers. :)

Jennifer said...

I love it! The yellow and pale blue are so springy and serene. How can you not feel happy in that room? So pretty!

Meaningful Nest said...

I love your bedroom! The bedding is what really caught my eye. Great job!

Allison @ The Golden Sycamore said...

Beautiful room! I especially love that lamp...SO cute! And I love the idea of hanging that old window above the nightstand. It looks so natural there!

Melisa said...

It's beautiful! I love the pop of turquoise from the throw and the yellow spread.

Erin said...

Rasonda, your bedroom is just beautiful! Love how it's a wonderful mix of sophisticated and shabby touches. And so relaxing looking, too! Enjoy!

Erin @ Carolina Country Living